Tentative Roll: May 1, 2021
Grievance Day: May 25, 2021
Final Roll: July 1, 2021
To view the 2021 Tentative Roll:
PLEASE NOTE: The link to the tentative roll will be updated once it is available from the county.
Grievance Form – Click Here
Grievance Form Instructions – Click Here
If you don't have internet access, you can call the Assessor's office and leave a message to request a grievance form.
Please note: It is NOT mandatory to schedule a hearing before the Board of Assessment Review in order to grieve your assessment.
ALL grievance forms MUST be submitted no later than 8 PM on Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
You may submit your form by one of the following methods and use the contact information listed on this page.
- Regular Mail
- Drop off in drop box attached to back of Town Hall.
- If you have a grievance day appointment, you may bring your form with you.
The Board of Assessment Review will deliberate on all grievance forms after Grievance Day and determination notices will be mailed by July 1st.
Grievance Day Hearing Procedures:
Grievance Day hearings are by appointment.
Since the Assessor’s Office will remain closed on Grievance Day, no one will be available to receive or return phone calls made to the office on that day.
Directions for Grievance Day appointments are as follows: (Please note: appointments are 10 minutes each).
- When you arrive, please enter through the front entrance and check in at the desk in the lobby.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to wear a mask at all times. Hand sanitizer will be available for your use. Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be followed.Rest rooms will not be made available.
To schedule an appointment, you can click on the following link:
- Please have your tax map number handy when scheduling your appointment.
- After choosing your appointment time, click on "continue" and when prompted, answer the questions.
- After you have booked your appointment, you can close the tab in your browser. You will be sent a confirmation email.
If you don't have internet access, you can call (315) 696-4693 ext. # 13 and leave a message so you can be contacted for an appointment.
Important Dates to Remember
- Deadline for all Exemptions: Exemption applications must be submitted to the Assessor by this date. Any applications received after this date will be processed for the following year.
- Taxable Status Date: All properties are assessed as they exist on this date.
- Tentative Roll Published: Assessment and exemption information for all parcels in the town are available for public inspection. The tentative roll is available to view online. For those who do not have online access, you may request assessment information by phone at (315) 696-4693 ext. 13 and leave a message with the specific information you are requesting.
4th Tuesday in May:
- Grievance Day: It is NOT mandatory to appear before the Board of Assessment Review (BAR). All grievance forms (RP-524) MUST be submitted to the Assessor no later than 8 pm on May 25, 2021.
- Please note that the Assessor and the BAR can only review your assessed value; they do not set and cannot adjust your taxes. If you feel your assessment is fair but your taxes are too high, your comments should be addressed to the appropriate taxing jurisdiction.
- Final Roll Published: All changes to the tentative roll become final on this date.